3M has always been at the forefront of vehicle graphic technology and it is important to keep those vehicle graphics looking their best. Here are some important tips on how to keep your vehicle graphics looking their best while preventing unwanted damage to your investment.
Vehicle Wrap Maintenance Guidelines
Your new wrap will last for several years, even in the heat and cold. You can help ensure the longest life possible by following these basic use and care guidelines.
Important wrap care tips:
- Avoid car washes (hand wash using a mild soap and water with a soft brush, rag or sponge)
- Never use an ice scraper on window film
- Avoid using a rear wiper on window film
- Applying a wax over the wrap, by hand, can help add protection to the vinyl
Power Washing Graphics
Wrapped vehicles may be power washed or pressure washed with extreme care. Excessive pressure during power washing can damage the graphic by allowing water to soak underneath the vinyl and lessen its adhesion to the vehicle surface, causing the vinyl to lift, peel and/or cut. Once you receive vehicle back upon install, please do not wash within the first week.
Power washing, or pressure washing, may be used. However, aggressive washing can damage the graphic. Excessive pressure during power washing can damage the graphic by forcing water underneath the graphic. Water lessens the adhesion of the graphic to the substrate allowing the graphic to lift or curl. These problems are magnified by wind. This is a critical problem for perforated window graphic film.
To avoid edge lifting or other damage to the graphics, follow these important steps:
- Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide spray pattern.
- Be sure the spray nozzle includes a nozzle protector (tip guard).
- Use a maximum pressure of 1500 to 2000 psi.
- If the system is heated, limit the water temperature to 180°F (82°C) or less.
- Hold nozzle at least 12 inches (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (90 degrees
- +/- 10) to the graphic.
- Do not direct the water stream at a sharp angle to the edge of the graphic
For more detailed information about cleaning and maintaining your vehicle graphics click here.
Some Benefits of Window Graphics
Let window graphics showcase your brand, product and service to thousands of prospective customers every day. Take advantage of the daily traffic flow in front of your business.
Here are a few benefits to adding window graphics as part of your marketing strategy:
- Save on permits: When you need to set up a sign, sandwich board or flag, most municipalities restrict their sizes and additionally require a permit. Utilize window graphics rather than signs and flags if permitting is an concern.
- Powerful ad space: Your storefront windows are advertising magnets to the eye. Utilize this super power to capture new customers.
- Immediate and effective advertising. With window graphics, you are able to make a bold announcement to customers that matter the most to you, local customers. It lets people know who you are and what you do. With this advertising medium word spreads rapidly about your organization and as a result more sales will follow.
- Easily changeable and removable: You will like the flexibility of changing your window graphics and your landlord will be even happier to know that window graphics can easily be removed with no damage to the windows once they are removed.
- Enhance or Build your brand identity: To grow a business, you need to create an identity, a brand. A plain window doesn’t state much to a person strolling by. A creative window graphic can knock the socks off of passers by and even drivers, giving you valuable brand exposure and brand identity.
- Promote specials: Give your promotions a lift with a window graphic that showcases what you offer, latest deals and offers.
- Improve privacy: There are certain businesses that require privacy in particular areas where business is conducted. People don’t have to see everything that goes on inside your business so why not create privacy and advertise your business at the same time.
- Offer a superior view: Sometimes the view from inside your store to the outside world isn’t the prettiest. Instead of covering windows with dusty blinds to hide alley walls, dumpsters or another building, why not use window graphics inside to block out any unsightly areas.
- Give direction: Pull or Push? Eliminate the guesswork from opening a door. This simple step can avoid disaster.
- Block out too much sunlight: Despite the view that you may have out of your window, a blinding sun can be very intrusive. Utilize window graphics and window films to reduce not only glare, but also heat inside coming in through your windows.
These are a few examples of effective uses of window graphics to advertise your business locally. Window graphics come in all styles and applications. Ask us how we can help your business optimize the free real estate staring out at prospective customers everyday. We can give you the advice and proper guidance on what works and best fits your needs.