April 4, 2017
3M has always been at the forefront of vehicle graphic technology and it is important to keep those vehicle graphics looking their best. Here are some important tips on how to keep your vehicle graphics looking their best while preventing unwanted damage to your investment.
Vehicle Wrap Maintenance Guidelines
Your new wrap will last for several years, even in the heat and cold. You can help ensure the longest life possible by following these basic use and care guidelines.
Important wrap care tips:
- Avoid car washes (hand wash using a mild soap and water with a soft brush, rag or sponge)
- Never use an ice scraper on window film
- Avoid using a rear wiper on window film
- Applying a wax over the wrap, by hand, can help add protection to the vinyl
Power Washing Graphics
Wrapped vehicles may be power washed or pressure washed with extreme care. Excessive pressure during power washing can damage the graphic by allowing water to soak underneath the vinyl and lessen its adhesion to the vehicle surface, causing the vinyl to lift, peel and/or cut. Once you receive vehicle back upon install, please do not wash within the first week.
Power washing, or pressure washing, may be used. However, aggressive washing can damage the graphic. Excessive pressure during power washing can damage the graphic by forcing water underneath the graphic. Water lessens the adhesion of the graphic to the substrate allowing the graphic to lift or curl. These problems are magnified by wind. This is a critical problem for perforated window graphic film.
To avoid edge lifting or other damage to the graphics, follow these important steps:
- Use a spray nozzle with a 40 degree wide spray pattern.
- Be sure the spray nozzle includes a nozzle protector (tip guard).
- Use a maximum pressure of 1500 to 2000 psi.
- If the system is heated, limit the water temperature to 180°F (82°C) or less.
- Hold nozzle at least 12 inches (300 mm) away from and perpendicular (90 degrees
- +/- 10) to the graphic.
- Do not direct the water stream at a sharp angle to the edge of the graphic
For more detailed information about cleaning and maintaining your vehicle graphics click here.
March 9, 2017
Some Benefits of Window Graphics
Let window graphics showcase your brand, product and service to thousands of prospective customers every day. Take advantage of the daily traffic flow in front of your business.
Here are a few benefits to adding window graphics as part of your marketing strategy:
- Save on permits: When you need to set up a sign, sandwich board or flag, most municipalities restrict their sizes and additionally require a permit. Utilize window graphics rather than signs and flags if permitting is an concern.
- Powerful ad space: Your storefront windows are advertising magnets to the eye. Utilize this super power to capture new customers.
- Immediate and effective advertising. With window graphics, you are able to make a bold announcement to customers that matter the most to you, local customers. It lets people know who you are and what you do. With this advertising medium word spreads rapidly about your organization and as a result more sales will follow.
- Easily changeable and removable: You will like the flexibility of changing your window graphics and your landlord will be even happier to know that window graphics can easily be removed with no damage to the windows once they are removed.
- Enhance or Build your brand identity: To grow a business, you need to create an identity, a brand. A plain window doesn’t state much to a person strolling by. A creative window graphic can knock the socks off of passers by and even drivers, giving you valuable brand exposure and brand identity.
- Promote specials: Give your promotions a lift with a window graphic that showcases what you offer, latest deals and offers.
- Improve privacy: There are certain businesses that require privacy in particular areas where business is conducted. People don’t have to see everything that goes on inside your business so why not create privacy and advertise your business at the same time.
- Offer a superior view: Sometimes the view from inside your store to the outside world isn’t the prettiest. Instead of covering windows with dusty blinds to hide alley walls, dumpsters or another building, why not use window graphics inside to block out any unsightly areas.
- Give direction: Pull or Push? Eliminate the guesswork from opening a door. This simple step can avoid disaster.
- Block out too much sunlight: Despite the view that you may have out of your window, a blinding sun can be very intrusive. Utilize window graphics and window films to reduce not only glare, but also heat inside coming in through your windows.
These are a few examples of effective uses of window graphics to advertise your business locally. Window graphics come in all styles and applications. Ask us how we can help your business optimize the free real estate staring out at prospective customers everyday. We can give you the advice and proper guidance on what works and best fits your needs.
Hoarding Graphic Wraps are an effective solution to market your message to a diverse and huge audience during a construction rebuild or new build.
We produce and install Large Format Graphics for internal and external use, serving retail and commercial property clients. Hoarding that is wrapped graphically usually announces the arrival of a new store or features a new product which builds brand awareness, creates attention and anticipation for what’s coming. Let us complete an onsite survey or your hoarding location to determine your requirements. We typically work with your design agency to execute your message accurately and meet the tightest deadlines.
Hoarding Wraps in Toronto are frequently use for storefront windows, real estate properties, construction sites, mall storefronts. They can be produced with printed adhesive backed vinyl or large scrim banner material.
Call on us, we will deliver!
On March 8th, 2014 at Oshawa Airport an awesome event was hosted to introduce Women to the world of aviation during The Women of Aviation World Wide Week. We were proud to be part of such a great event by doing our little part!
Thank you so much for the generous donation of the sponsor signs for our event on Saturday. The large one hung from the rafters and the smaller one (which had been intended for the lobby) ended up on the hangar door, at eye level. That actually worked out better, as the large one was a bit too high (the top of the sign was maybe 10 to 20 feet below the girders), and the smaller one was more visible (learning for next year)
Thank you so much for your contribution to the success of the event! We flew almost 140 women and girls! We also had aviation related displays in the hangar, videos and presentations by inspiring women working in the aviation industry.”
First Canadian Chapter
The Ninety-Nines – www.ninety-nines.org
Vehicle Wraps can offer many benefits to business owners, and in many cases, are an extremely cost effect way to brand and market your business. The main concern for car owners is will this form of advertising damage my paint, or my leased vehicle paint for that matter. In many cases a vehicle wrap will actually protect the paint and upon removal it will be like new underneath.
A good vehicle wrapping company will take great care in not damaging the paint on installation. Vehicle wraps are printed from 54″ wide roll usually and can wrap and cover the entire vehicle or be a partial wrap and cover only a portion of the vehicle. In truth, the vinyl film will protect the paint. The wraps can also protect against minor scrapes and scratches. When the correct quality materials are used the adhesive layer that comes in contact with the paint will not cause any damage.
With a custom-designed vinyl wrap, car, truck, trailer or any other type of vehicle, you can advertise your business every time you drive. Even when you park in the area you do business, vehicle wrapping works to promote your business. For owners who want to express their individuality with a one-of-a-kind look, designer vehicle wraps are also an option other than custom paint jobs, and come in unique finishes like matte, carbon fibre and chrome.
Suppliers and manufacturers of vinyl films and over-laminates state vehicle wraps last three to five years, I have seen them last much longer with proper care. When considering the costs of adding branding to your business, most owners consider wraps a long-term investment. When a car or business owner is ready for a marketing change, the vinyl wrap comes off easily. A professional wrap company will also offer removal services and do it quickly.
Vehicle Wraps on all types of vehicles are an effective and outstanding way to get attention for your business or your car without causing any damage.
Check out our Promotion posted on facebook.
December 29, 2013
Hp PVC Free wall paper and HP Latex Ink has allowed 10West to create a low VOC, odorless solution to customize Commercial and Personal interior spaces.
Bedroom Wall Art
Hospital Wall Art
Office Wall Art
In the past the only solution was solvent based printing, but the vinyl took days to cure and the odor lasted for weeks. we realized that the market had tremendous potential, but to tap into it fully we needed a solution that was odorless, easy to use, and allowed our designs to stand out. So we turned to HP.
And HP PVC-free Wall Paper helps every installation go more smoothly. Not only can 10West install large, complex murals with fewer people than in a comparable vinyl installation, but our customers are finding that our ability to reposition HP PVC-free Wall Paper after it has already been affixed to the wall is taking the sweat out of self-installations.
Our new addition to our production capability is the HP 260. Not only does it provide exceptional quality that is durable for indoor and outdoor prints, we can print on a variety of media which includes double sided printing, and is dry as the print comes out with no out-gassing, which allows for faster delivery times for our customers.
Create unique decorations with our HP Wall Art Solution
We offer High-quality wall decorations for commercial, retail, and residential spaces with our HP WallArt Solution. This simple, comprehensive tool lets you design your wall online with our simple and easy to use tool.
Try out our Customized WallArt App to design your project here
- HP PVC-free Wall Paper and HP Latex Inks allow 10West to create odorless murals that have a lower environmental impact than PVC-containing alternatives.
- HP Designjet printers and HP PVC-free Wall Paper are easy to use, accelerating the delivery and installation of a range of applications.
- Our High Resolution printer creates photographic quality prints that will look and last for years
We offer a variety of Vehicle Wrap Sizes to meet you marketing goal and budget.
This is full coverage that will give your company the biggest impression. If it can be wrapped we will do it. Virtually every inch of you vehicle will be covered in high performance vehicle wrapping vinyl.
The 3/4 Vehicle wrap will cover just about the whole vehicle. Typically on the 3/4 wrap we leave the from 1/4 panels and the hood unwrapped. The wrap can look like a full wrap at times depending on the colour of the vehicle and the design.
The 1/2 Wrap is an effective way of getting your design and marketing installed on your vehicle, if you are on a budget. We can design it in a way that will give you a successful bang for your buck without breaking your budget.
The 1/4 wrap is for those who don’t need the full impact of a vehicle wrap but want to get their message across in an economical way.
Vehicle Lettering and Logos
This has been the most tradition way of lettering a vehicle. Use of your Logo, Phone number and service my be all you need without any graphical representation. Although it may have the least impact, it can still serve as an effective branding and identification method for your business.
We are here to help you with your options and help you make the right decision for your application. Call us to get started.